- You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities to increase revenue, profitability, and grow the company.
- You may be responsible for strategic planning, positioning in the right markets, or improving the operation, position, or reputation of the business.
- One role may be your sole responsibility or you Food Bazaar could lead a team. You will be responsible for many aspects of the business.
Management of different types of business development jobs
You can apply for business development jobs in almost any type of business. However, you might choose to specialize in one sector such as:
You could also work in a variety of businesses but with a focus on one
- B2B (business-to-business)
- B2C (business-to-consumer).
- Responsibilities Business Development Jobs
You will need to be a business development manager
- Find new opportunities in business, such as new markets, growth areas and trends, customers and partners, new products and services, or new ways to reach existing markets.
- Find the right contact within an organization
- Cold call potential customers and generate leads
- Meeting with clients/customers face-to-face or by phone
- Develop and foster relationships with clients/customers
- Understanding your customers’ needs and being able to respond with a plan on how to meet them is key.
- Strategic thinking is key to achieving business goals and development.
- Strategize – Organize the necessary planning to implement operational changes
- Client contracts may be drawn up – depending on how big the company is, this task might be outsourced or completed by another person.
- Be able to explain the business’ products and services to others.
- Staff must be onboard throughout the organization and fully understand the importance of change.
- Training members of your team and arranging for external training when appropriate
- Talk to the marketing department about promotional strategies and activities
- As appropriate, communicate with the finance, warehousing, and logistics teams
- Find ways to improve the business’s operations
- Participate in seminars, conferences, and other events as appropriate
- Stay on top of business trends.
As a graduate business development supervisor, your starting salary will be around PS22,000 to PS25,000
You can expect to make between PS30,000-PS60,000 as a mid-manager with several years of experience depending on where you live costco food court and what sector you work in.
It’s possible to make around PS80,000 as a senior business development manager/director.
Salaries can be affected by regional variations. Pay is generally higher in London than the South East. Your sector of work is also important.
Hours of Operation
The majority of the time, you’ll work from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday. However, there may be times when you have to work more to meet deadlines or attend an event or conference.